Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Month of Thanks- Day 9

I am thankful for the occasional date nights that Jon and I get. We were fortunate to have one on Monday. Emma, the nanny for the family upstairs, came down and kept Olivia while Jon and I took the train downtown to the opera. A friend of ours was performing in her debut, and we were excited to be there for opening night. The opera was in Russian, but thankfully there were subtitles!

We had another date night recently when my mom was visiting... Actually, it was more like an entire day! She kept Olivia while Jon and I did a little shopping. Later that evening, we went downtown for dinner at Gibson's Steakhouse. While we had a good time, we felt a little old when we were home from dinner before Olivia even went to bed! Ha!

While it's nice to get away with just the two of us occasionally, we're both always ready to get home to see Olivia.

(P.S. I promise to post some pictures of Olivia soon. I know that's the reason most of you are reading anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment