Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Month of Thanks- Day 8

I'm thankful for my niece and nephew. I will never forget the day I became an aunt for the first time 10 years ago. I was so overcome with emotion and experienced love at first sight for the first time. Abby was premature, so she was immediately taken to NICU. They only allowed parents and grandparents back to see her. One of the nurses felt sorry for me, and snuck me back to see her when nobody else was around. I was completely smitten. I had those same emotions a few years later when Mason was born. Missing the everyday moments with both of them is one of the hardest things about living far away.

And, I am also thankful for my two newest nephews on Jon's side of the family. Although I haven't even met one of them yet, I'm happy to be an aunt to 4 now.

1 comment:

  1. aww! so thankful for u, olivia, and jon! you are definitely at the top of my thankful list.ur the best for being there to make me laugh, and many of my amazing trips in my life have been with u! iowa, new hampshire, chicago, even just down the road was a trip for me when i was little as i was then.

    ReplyDelete