Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good News!

For the first time since we've been here, I heard the word 'home' today! Dr. Wu said that if Olivia can tolerate being off oxygen while awake AND napping, then she can go home THIS AFTERNOON!! Otherwise, it will probably be tomorrow! Either way, I am extremely thankful that the end is in sight.

She has been off oxygen for an hour or so this morning and is doing well. She will nap soon, so I'll keep you posted on how she does.

We also had the chest x-ray this morning. She didn't cry or anything, which is impressive considering the machine they use for little ones. We just got the results back and the pneumonia is (pretty much?) gone, but there is some bronchial swelling. This is common with rsv, and will probably take a little while to clear up.

Thank you all for the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Beth,
    Alleluia! I know you must be so happy to know you can both go home soon! I can't believe how she has accepted being there. I'm sure it's because you have been right by her side every minute. You have handled this so well! I'm so proud of you. When will Jon be back?
    I'll wait for your post. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete