Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Midday

Dr. Caruthers came in this morning shortly after I posted. She was impressed with the minimal oxygen Olivia required during the night last night. She also said that her lungs sound good. She was hopeful that Olivia wouldn't require oxygen while napping today and that we would go home today. She changed the breathing treatments to every 4 hours, and stopped the constant oxygen monitoring. At this point, we are only doing random oxygen checks.

So, after breakfast and running up and down the halls for a few minutes, I put Olivia down for a nap. As soon as she feel asleep, I turned on the machine and she was at 88-89. I called the nurse, and she came in with another machine to try to get a higher reading. We were eventually able to get a 90, but no lower. Olivia woke up while we were trying, so we gave up. We just had lunch and another breathing treatment. I'm hoping she will go to sleep soon so that we can try again. Pray for a 92 or above sleeping!

I'll update after this nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment