Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


First of all, I'd like to wish my mom and mother-in-law a very Happy Mother's Day. To my mom: Thank you so much for all that you have done for me. You have always been a perfect example of a mother's love, and I appreciate that even more now. I love you! And, to my mother-in-law: Thank you for raising the man I fell in love with. He is more than I could have ever dreamed of, and I'll always be thankful to you for that. I love you!


I have had a wonderful first Mother's Day. Jon got up with Olivia this morning (which is the best gift ever!). They went and got coffee for me, and let me sleep in a little. (Is it bad that sleeping until 8 is considered sleeping in?) After Olivia's nap, we went to a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at Chief O'Neills. The older ladies at the tables around us all complimented us on Olivia- both her cuteness and her behavior. After brunch, we came home and took the dogs for a walk. Afterwards, we went out into the backyard, where Olivia walked in the grass a little bit for the first time. She didn't mind sitting in the grass or walking, but she did NOT like for her hands to touch the grass. She wouldn't even crawl in it! After playing outside for a little while and taking some pictures, we came back in and everyone took a nap. It was a perfect day! The flowers, cards, and gifts all added to the enjoyment.



I feel so blessed to be celebrating Mother's Day this year. I love everything about being a mom to Olivia. She is the sweetest, most lovable little girl. She wakes up pointing at everything and asking, "Tat?" (What's that?) She smiles and laughs all day. She even goes to bed talking and playing. I never imagined that I could love a little person as much as I love her. She has completely stolen my heart, and I wouldn't have it any other way. (Oh- and I'm quite fond of her daddy too!) :)


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I look at this it makes me try to wish away the next few weeks!! Can't wait to get my hands on this sweet little thing. It really makes me proud to see the kind of mom you are!!! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete