Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gram's Visit


As I mentioned in my last post, my mom came for a visit last Wednesday. She stayed until Monday morning. It was a great few days, and I think she was shocked at how much Olivia has grown since our visit to Arkansas. On Thursday, we went to the mall and to Babies R Us to exchange a few things. We also ate lunch at my mom's favorite restaurant... Red Lobster. Friday was a lazy day... I don't think we even left the house. We just enjoyed visiting and Mom and Olivia spent the day talking and smiling at each other. Jon made a Spanish dinner when he got home from work and we all went to bed with full bellies! On Saturday, all of us walked over to a local craft fair and then took the long way home. The weather was perfect for the long walk. Saturday night, Jon and I took advantage of our free babysitter and had a date night. We went to the Capital Grille and were extremely pleased with our meal. We got home in time to kiss on Olivia and put her to bed. Sunday was rainy, so we spent the majority of the day indoors. We were able to get out in the afternoon to visit an ice cream shop. Once again on Sunday night, Jon and I left Olivia with her Gram. We went to watch the Chicago Fire soccer game. The game was at 8:00pm, which meant that mom put Olivia to bed. Monday morning came all too soon, and mom hit the road back to Arkansas. It was a great visit and I know she and Olivia both enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment