Sunday, November 14, 2010

Better Late than Never


I realize I'm a little overdue for an update. I'll start with last weekend. A friend of mine from my old job, Stephanie, was in town visiting another friend, and stopped by for a visit. It had been about 3 years since I had seen her, so it was nice to catch up. We visited for a little while on Saturday and then she came back over on Sunday before her flight back to Dallas. Unfortunately, I only took one picture, and it was with my phone, so the quality isn't very good. After Stephanie left, Jon, Olivia, and I went to the Baby Expo that was in town. We left with lots of samples, but that's about it.

On Monday, Jon was in a car accident on his way to work. He was on the interstate, and another car swerved to avoid traffic, and hit Jon in the process. It ended up involving several cars and he spent about 4 hours on the side of the interstate while the officers questioned everyone involved. His car had to be towed, and it is still in the shop. It should be fixed the week after Thanksgiving. Thankfully, Jon is okay. His back has been bothering him, so he went to the doctor. He will go back this week, since it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Needless to say, it was pretty scary.

On Thursday, Olivia's daycare was closed for Veteran's Day, so Jon took the day off and stayed home with her. It sounds like they had a great day together. When I talked to him at about 1:00pm, they had been outside for a couple of hours and were out to lunch together. I think it's safe to say that it was a successful Daddy-Daughter Day!

This weekend has been pretty relaxing. We haven't done much, except get caught up on some housework and laundry. Tonight, I started packing for our trip to Arkansas. Olivia and I fly out on Saturday! We will see some of you next week... Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you and Olivia,Jon. She looks so much like you.

    ReplyDelete