Tuesday, September 21, 2010

OUCH!


Well......... unfortunately, Olivia had her first accident on Sunday evening, and it was my fault. I sometimes lay her on my bed while I'm doing things in the bedroom. Since she has started rolling over, I've been extremely careful in doing that. Sunday was no different. I laid her in the middle of my bed (but towards the bottom). I just left her there long enough to grab a jacket out of the closet because our building was having a picnic that was about to start. In the time it took me to get to the closet and get my jacket, I heard a 'thud' that I will never forget. I looked over and Olivia was lying face down on the hardwood floor at the end of the bed. I immediately picked her up and she was screaming. My heart just dropped. We went straight to the emergency room to have her checked out. She cried the whole way there, but she settled down once we got there and I was holding her. Immediately I was reassured by the medical staff that this probably wouldn't be our last ER trip and that it happens to almost everyone. (Needless to say, that didn't make me feel any better). After a thorough exam, the doctor reassured us that she was okay and we were released to come home. We just had to give her tylenol for 24 hours and wake her up every 2 hours throughout the night to make sure she didn't have a concussion. It was a LONG night, but she seemed fine. We went to the pediatrician Monday morning for a follow-up visit and everything looked fine. She's back to her normal, happy self, and I am EXTREMELY thankful. It probably goes without saying that she won't be left on the bed again anytime soon... or ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment