Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Few New Tricks


I've been meaning to post for a few days, but I've been a little busy. :) Olivia has a couple of new tricks. There is a video at the bottom of this post, so be sure to watch her in action! When you ask her how big she is and say, "soooo big", she lifts her hands in the air. She likes playing peek-a-boo, and now she covers her eyes when I say, "Where's Olivia?" She gets tickled when she moves her hands and I "find" her. She will now clap everytime I ask her to. She also dances on command, and waves bye-bye on a regular basis. I think the video captures all of them, except peek-a-boo.

She has also started standing unassisted. Once she pulls up, she will let go and stand for up to 20 seconds!

We have really enjoyed the past couple of days. The weather has been nice enough for us to walk to the park and playground. Olivia had fun swinging and just being outside.

In other news, she has completely stopped nursing. It was a gradual stop, starting with the daytime feedings. For about a week, I continued nursing her morning and night, but she was losing interest, so I decided it was time. She will drink the formula from a bottle, but she won't drink much from a sippy cup. (Although, she loves drinking water from her sippy). Oh well, I guess she'll do it when she's ready...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope the luck of the Irish has been with all of you!


4 comments:

  1. That has to be the cutest ponytail in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video, too. She is soooo big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful and happy! Isn't it wonderful that you can be with her everyday - playing and teaching and going to the park?

    I loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Beth,

    It has been a week and a day since the last post! I am anxiously awaiting the next!!

    ReplyDelete