Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Festivities

We had such a fun day today! Since Olivia and I were both feeling better, we (and Jon) went to the local Easter Egg Hunt. I was unsure of how Olivia would do with the actual egg hunt. I expected to have to coerce her into taking an egg and one egg being enough for her. Boy, was I wrong! As soon as they said "Go"(actually before), she took off grabbing eggs. I think she got 10 or 12 in the 5 minute hunt. She was so excited and loved opening them to find prizes! She won 2 free swim lessons!








After the Egg Hunt and a nap, we started making an Easter Bunny Cake:



While the cake was baking and cooling, we decorated Easter eggs.













Shortly after we finished the eggs, the cake was ready to be decorated!








It was a perfect day and we are looking forward to Easter tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like all of ya'll were having a ball. Love the look on her face when she sees something new. Such a look of wonder!! Like Abby says, the bunny cake is going thru a whole new generation!! Love ya'll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good that you are caring on the traditions of your youth! Olivia seems to be enjoying every minute. She is one lucky girl. I love her rendition of "Jesus Loves Me." I can't wait to hear it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant carrying on. I should always proofread my comments.

    ReplyDelete