Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July


Jon, Olivia, and I headed north for the Fourth of July. We left Friday afternoon for Wausau, where Jon's parents live. We spent the night there Friday and then drove farther north to Phillips on Saturday to visit the extended Gilge family. On Saturday, we went to a craft fair in town to listen to Jon's uncle play music. Later that night, we met up with more of the family at another uncles resort.

On Sunday, Jon's dad, Jon, and I spent the majority of the day fishing while Olivia spent the afternoon with her Grandma Gilge. I think the two of them enjoyed their time together, and I'm not sure who was more tired at the end of the day! And, while we didn't catch a lot of fish, the three of us had a really good time, too!

We drove back to Wausau Monday morning and Jon continued driving to Chicago, while I stayed in Wausau with his parents. I'll return to Chicago on Friday.

Below are some pictures from Phillips.






I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'll update with details of the rest of my trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment