Friday, August 16, 2013

Arkansas- Part 1

Olivia and I recently returned from our trip to Arkansas, where we were able to spend a little over 2 weeks visiting friends and family. It was so nice to have enough time to spend time with everyone... however, no matter how long we stay, it's never long enough.

We started the trip at my moms house, where we spent a few days. One of those days, we went to the Memphis Zoo with Mom and Mason.

A few days later, we drove to Fayetteville to see a few of my friends. That trip started when we met my friend Angie at her office at Sam's Club. After all of her co-workers loaded Olivia up on chocolate and Angie gave her a tutu, we went to a festival on the Bentonville square.

The next morning started with us attempting to run a 5k. However, the weather had other ideas and due to a thunderstorm, we only made it to the starting line.

We spent a majority of the time with Angie and James eating delicious meals prepared by James, but we did venture to the local art museum one afternoon. It was so great to see Angie and catch up. She's already booked a flight here for November, and I can't wait!!

The next stop in Northwest Arkansas was at Mandy's house, my friend from college. I haven't seen Mandy since she came to visit us in Chicago shortly after Olivia was born. Our other college friend, Christy, came over with her kids one morning and we had so much fun visiting and reminiscing.

Christy's kids (Ryan and Maisie), Mandy's kids (Drew and Brianna), and Olivia:

With Brianna:

Loving on Drew:

And again :)

The next day, we went to the University of Arkansas campus so I could get some pictures of Olivia there and show her where "Woo Pig Sooie" plays football.

The following day, we drove back to my mom's, where we spent the rest of our time. I'm so glad we were able to make the trip to northwest Arkansas. It was way overdue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment